VAT in Georgia Country: New Rules since 2021
VAT In Georgia Country: What’s changed in 2021?
- All purchases of products and services by a Georgian company from any non-Georgian foreign company are subject to a Reverse VAT Charge of 18%. You shall report on your monthly tax returns, whether or not you are registered for Georgia VAT.
- All B2B (Business To Business) transactions between a Georgian company and a non-Georgian company located outside Georgia are fully exempt from Value Added Tax in Georgia.
- VAT exemptions for B2C transactions between a Georgian company and a non-Georgian individual (customer) outside Georgia have been amended.
What Is Reverse Charge Vat?Your Georgian company purchases goods and services from foreign companies. These purchases are subject to both declaration and payment of 18% VAT in Georgia. It is called reverse charge VAT. This reverse charge Value Added Tax applies to ALL purchases from a foreign company. VAT must be declared to the Revenue Service, with a reverse charge VAT rate of 18%.
Georgia VAT: B2B TransactionsIf a Georgian resident Company provides services or products to a foreign company outside Georgia, these transactions are exempt from VAT in Georgia Country. Your Georgian company no longer needs to charge VAT on products or services provided to foreign companies, defined as natural or legal persons subject to VAT in their home country.
B2B Transactions Requirements To Benefit Georgia VAT Exemptions
- The service recipient must be a taxable natural or legal person, subject to VAT.
- The place of supply of the service must be outside Georgia’s territory.
- The location of supply of service is defined as follows: where the recipient of the service has its registered office and from where it operates: i.e., its place of registration or its place of management.
Georgia VAT: B2C TransactionsIf a Georgian resident Company provides services to a Foreign Customer (an individual not subject to VAT, and therefore not a VAT-taxable legal or natural person). The service’s place of supply is where the client is registered or carries out his economic activity; then the service may be taxable in Georgia.
List of VAT exemptions to B2C TransactionsThe list of VAT-exempt transactions between a Georgian company and its foreign consumers. Software Developer, Freelance Language Teacher, Digital Services & Products Provider. Georgia VAT does not apply to a B2C transaction in the following cases.
- The transfer of patents, licenses, trademarks, copyrights, or other similar intangible assets;
- Delivery of consulting, legal, accounting, engineering, and other related services, also processing and delivery of data and information;
- Provision of personnel;
- Renting out the movable property, except for the renting of vehicles;
- advertising services;
- Obligation to refrain from business activities or from exercising the right described in this subparagraph;
- Financial and insurance transactions, including reinsurance;
- Telecommunication, radio, and television broadcasting services;
- Electronically delivered services;
- Delivery of services through an intermediary who acts in the name and on behalf of another person and takes part in delivering the services described in this paragraph.
VAT In Georgia Country: Focus On B2C Electronically Delivered ServicesIf the service is rendered to your foreign client electronically, the place of supply is where the recipient is based abroad. If you are a Georgia VAT Payer (mandatory when your taxable turnover exceeds 100k GEL), you do not need to charge VAT.
What Activities Are Provided Electronically?Electronic services – services provided via the Internet or an electronic network, the provision of which is mainly automated, requiring minimal human intervention, and the condition of which is impossible without information technology; for instance :
- The supply of websites;
- The development and supply of software and its upgrades;
- The supply of distance learning services;
- The supply of digital products, including software support and delivery of upgraded version
- Web hosting, remote maintenance of software and hardware;
- The supply of images, text, and information to guarantee access to the database;
- The supply of music, films, and games (including games of chance);
- Broadcasting and delivery of political, cultural, artistic, sports, scientific, and entertainment programs;
- Other types of services are defined by the Minister of Finance of Georgia.*
VAT In Georgia Country: How Much To Pay?Moto: Each time a cross-border supply of a service takes place, the question is whether or not this service has been provided on the territory of Georgia and, therefore, whether or not it is taxable for VAT purposes. Therefore, you should be cautious when analyzing whether your business can be considered included in the provisions of these VAT rules in Georgia. A qualified tax advisor shall analyze your case to ensure that you meet all obligations and avoid penalties. If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to consult one of our Senior Tax Advisors.
You may also like:
How can you move your business to Georgia and save huge money? How To Move Your Business To Georgia: Totally Or Partially? Move your business
In October 2022, Batumi won the Award of Europe’s Leading Emerging Tourism Destination at the 29th World Travel Awards. Considered the equivalent of an Oscar
Benefit from safety, privacy, and freedom when you open a foreign bank account. The Georgian banking system offers many advantages.
Real estate investment in Batumi is one of the best Georgian cities where investing. Reasonable prices and very high occupancy rates during the high season
A residency in Georgia Country could be one of the good option among European Countries. Georgia is a very liberal and safe country, a
Real Estate Investing In Georgia Country may seem easy. Georgia is known for its easy real estate transactions, but it’s an unregulated market.
You may also like:
Diversification in Georgia Country and therefore Business diversification in Georgia Country would be a wise plan, in the world we are facing in the next
The Virtual Zone Company In Georgia Country is the perfect plan for IT entrepreneurs and Digital Nomads offering IT services. IT services are booming. Information
For Digital Nomad and remote work, Georgia is one of the most open countries in the World and has so many advantages to offer in
Opening a bank account in Georgia Country is one of the best options if you want a good international bank and a high level of